Re: Multimedia

Subject: Re: Multimedia
From: Bonni Graham <Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- RELAY -dot- PROTEON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1993 15:34:00 EST

Charles asks:
***
So, I would really like the opinions of persons who have a professional
interest in this and who, perhaps, are also thinking about where this
field is going.
***

I agree that your list is heavy on video production. IMHO, there should
be a class on CD-ROM production (there are some considerations for this
medium that need to be addressed). There should also be a class on the
theory of when to use the different media (animation vs. full video, for
example), although "Interactive Communication System Design" may already
be covering that. There should probably also be a class on
Instructional Design (you could pull it from the School of Education, or
a reasonable equivalent thereof).

That's all I can come up with off the top of my head, but if I think of
anything else, I'll let you know.

Bonni Graham |
Technical Writer |
Easel Corporation, ENFIN Technology Lab |
Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- relay -dot- proteon -dot- com | flush, v. Align type to the
President, San Diego STC | left or right, thereby
| beating a pair of aces
NOTE: apparently my email address needs |
to be typed exactly as it appears here, | --Ezra Shapiro
punctuation and all, or the system gets |
upset. |