Re: Nettiquette Breach -v- Common Politeness

Subject: Re: Nettiquette Breach -v- Common Politeness
From: Fred M Jacobson <fred -at- BOOLE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1993 14:00:10 PST

Jim Gifford wrote:

> ... flaming has in the past
> six months or so become far more frequent and unpleasant. Is it just us
> or does anyone else sense that "ill will" is become more frequent? If this
> does, in fact, appear to be happening, any thoughts on why?

I don't read many forums right now, so I have no sense of whether posters
are flaming more or not. I do believe than many people are starting to
use this type of communication and know little of nettiquette and the
futility of flame wars. Maybe the percentage of "newbies" who flame too
readily is the same as before; there are just more of them.

-Fred
--
INTERNET: fred -at- boole -dot- com PHONE: (408) 526-3292 FAX: (408) 526-3055
USPS: Fred Jacobson / Boole & Babbage / 3131 Zanker Road / San Jose CA 95134