Edwards AFB info

Subject: Edwards AFB info
From: Bonni Graham <Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- RELAY -dot- PROTEON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1993 14:10:00 EST

Netters: I apologize for taking up net space with this, but my administration
system refuses to deliver it privately. BJ

Tamye,

My fiance and I looked at jobs and housing about a year ago up there (in
Ridgecrest, which is, if memory serves, the closest town). We found a really
nice housing project with 3-bedroom places starting at (I believe) $74,000 and
raing to $94,000 for the four-bedroom version. We talked to a couple of people
who didn't know where their front door keys were, since they didn't bother to
lock up.

When we drove around, we saw little grafitti, no houses with barred windows and
door, and the only car alarm we heard was ours (a passing truck set it off).
Grocery prices seemed about the same as in San Diego, which surprised us. Since
Ridgecrest is literally two hours from anywhere else, we figured they'd be
higher.

The folks at the Chamber of Commerce were real nice. The library looked pretty
good, but it was closed, so that's only a guess.

In short, we were very disappointed that the Community College there chose
someone else for what I still think of as Steve's job.

But then again, give me a place that's usually warm, and where I can grow a
joshua tree in my back yard, and I'm a happy woman. I'm a desert rat from way
back.

Hope that helps. If you want to know more, call me (619-283-5261 home, and
619-549-6606 work).

Bonni