Re: Texas Bar-B-Que

Subject: Re: Texas Bar-B-Que
From: Fred M Jacobson <boole!fred -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1993 11:13:30 PST

Barry Maid wrote:
> ... However, if the truth be told, the
> ribs in Memphis are worth the two hour drive.

And I can certainly second that. I spent a year in Memphis, and although the
street favorite is chopped smoked pork shoulder on a hamburger bun with sauce
and coleslaw on it, what I really miss is the _dry_ribs_, slow smoked and served
with dry spices instead of sauce. Memphian regularly drive accross town and
seek
out all kinds of out-of-the-way and hidden places for a plate of fine ribs.
Yum!

-Fred
--
INTERNET: fred -at- boole -dot- com PHONE: (408) 526-3292 FAX: (408) 526-3055
USPS: Fred Jacobson / Boole & Babbage / 3131 Zanker Road / San Jose CA 95134