Competition Judging Session at 1994 STC Region 5 Conference

Subject: Competition Judging Session at 1994 STC Region 5 Conference
From: Binion Amerson <aba -at- OC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 1994 13:34:50 -0800

ATTENTION STC REGION 5 MEMBERS:

With all the discussion re STC Competitions and Competition Judging on the

What say that we plan a special session on STC local competitions and
competition judging at the 1994 STC Region 5 Conference? The 1994 STC
Region 5 Conference is set for Houston, Texas, and the tentative dates are
October 14-16, 1994.

This year in STC Region 5, the Oklahoma, Phoenix, Lone Star, and Houston
Chapters held local tech pubs and art competitions, and Lone Star held an
online competition. And, I know that the New Mexico Kachina Chapter would
like to hold competitions. Lets plan on a session re competition judging
at the next STC Region 5 Conference.

Question: Do you want it during a the regular conference sessions or do
you want it as part of the Chapter Leaders Workshop?

I am in charge of the Chapter Leaders Workshop for the 1994 STC Region 5
Conference, and I would like to discuss topics that are of interest to you.
Thus, what topics would you like to discuss at the Chapter Leaders
Workshop?

Saul Carliner has suggested that we Director-Sponsors schedule an STC Town
Meeting as part of the regional conference program, much like we have the
STC Forum at the Annual Conference. Would you attend such a session if it
were separate from the Chapter Leaders Workshop?

Please reply to me directly by E-mail. I'd especially like to hear from
those that hope at this early date to attend the 1994 STC Region 5
Conference.

Thanks,

Binion Amerson, aba -at- oc -dot- com
Director-Sponsor, STC Region 5
Binion Amerson, Senior Technical Writer, OpenConnect Systems, 2711 LBJ, Ste
800, Dallas, TX 75234, Ph 214/888-0447; Fax 214/484-6100; Email aba -at- oc -dot- com
Director-Sponsor, Society for Technical Communication (STC) Region 5.