Re: interships query

Subject: Re: interships query
From: Bridget brett MCOM <brett -at- CS -dot- HH -dot- AB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 1994 12:17:01 -0400

I dropped all my classes for my final semester at college
to take the internship offered here at Allen-Bradley.
It was the smartest rash decision I ever made.
The internship lasted 8 months, paid $345/week and was the best
preparation for a career in technical writing.
Everything was hands-on, and you were guided by a mentor.
My mentor was great, teaching me about clear task-oriented
writing (I was a history major), and showing me the
corporate ropes. I was hired back full-time while still
in school, and been with the co. ever since (5 yrs). Now I'm a
senior technical writer, with a strong portfolio, and
computer experience that makes me feel that I am a part
of a lot of things that will map our future, i.e the internet,
multi-media, global docs, etc.

Today, we recruit our interns from local schools that
have technical communication programs, specifically
Bowling Green State University, and Youngstown State University (NE Ohio).
However, this doesn't mean we only hire tech comm interns. We have
had interns from all areas, from English to computer science.
Our internships are full-time, last three months, and pay @ $400/week.
Many of our interns come back into full-time positions.

Hope this helps,

Bridget Brett