Re: senseless drivel

Subject: Re: senseless drivel
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 1994 09:20:03 PDT

> So he knows how to turn a phrase. Who on this list doesn't know
> how to turn a phrase? Phrases I can get in the bar or the locker
> room.

Maybe -- you must frequent better bars and locker rooms than I do --
but getting them down on paper is a bit harder than hearing them. I
don't know about you, but any lessons I can get on rendering the rythms
of speech on paper are rare enough that I value them, regardless of the
content.

But if you really feel that everyone on this list is equally skilled in
that regard, I doubt that we're hearing the same things.

Just think -- if the man had been enthusing over a funny business name
instead of raging about someone who wasted a few minutes of his time,
no one would have noticed. I'm not saying I liked his state of mind; I
was just remarking how well it was rendered in this oft-abused medium.

Arthur