Re: What does a Tech Writ

Subject: Re: What does a Tech Writ
From: Marilynne Smith <m -dot- smith182 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 1994 14:47:00 UTC

>>Is it a universal attribute of"women of a certain age" that they are
>>incapable of using their VCRs without being supervised by one of
>>their children or grandchildren?

Watch it!!!

This tekkie is 55 years old and female. I have an exceedingly technical
mind set. I not only selected our VCR, I programmed it. (And I think the
engineer who decided that it was acceptable that the user lay flat on the
floor and press tiny buttons should be fired and sent to the nearest
homeless shelter.)

My children and grandchildren are also tekkies and capable. My 80-year-old
father is Internet-capable. My 80-year-old mother cannot program the VCR,
but she knows how to use it.

Apologies accepted in advance.

Marilynne
m -dot- smith182 -at- genie -dot- geis -dot- com (just in case you want to apologize in person)