Re: More information for Online/Paper debate

Subject: Re: More information for Online/Paper debate
From: Kat Nagel <KatNagel -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 1994 08:37:52 EDT

Eeyore writes:
If you're the only one who uses the installation of FrameMaker, you
can always unlock the help document, add whatever you want, and then
lock it again. (To be fair, I have to tell you that you can't find
instructions for this in the online manual. Check the quick
reference.)

Also, you can create your own document that contains links to things
you find important. You'll still need to unlock the help file to find
the nearest destination link, and then link to it from your own file.

FrameViewer Pro, the next generation of the Frame document viewer, has
annotation ability."

_That_ sounds promising. Where did I put my Quick Ref. manual?

(later)

OK, it works. But it took 35 minutes to add four steps to clarify a
procedure and put in one cross-reference. Now, if they would only make it
convenient - maybe a little button on each help screen that says "ADD
COMMENT" or "ADD XREF" ..............

@kat katnagel -at- aol -dot- com
Life 1: MasterWork (technical writing and document design)
Life 2: Madrigalia, Ltd & PlaynSong (vocal chamber music)