Re: CD ROM authoring

Subject: Re: CD ROM authoring
From: Elaine Winters <ewinters -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 21:08:27 -0700

I've just completed my 2nd CD-ROM project and
will be glad to help . . . need a bit more info . .

E. Winters: Principal Program Facilitating and Consulting
Berkeley, CA, USA 510-843-0909 ewinters -at- netcom -dot- com
Instructional Design * Interactivity * Cross - Cultural Communication

On Mon, 26 Sep 1994, Debbie Molinaro wrote:

> I need some more help....
> I am tasked with providing our customer documentation on CD ROM.

What are you documenting - - hardware, software, tutorials?

> If any of you are doing this, tips on the following would be greatly
> appreciated:

> * What authoring tools (software) are you using?

different tools for different tasks - - do you have lots of
movement necessary - - are you showing process?

> * Did (do) you use a consultant?
> * Did you purchase your own ROM writer?

At this point expensive - - there are places that will
'burn' a disc.

> * What is the sequence of events from a done paper doc to a done CD?

start w/ GOOD planning software - - work backwards for the
target date -- leave extra time for the programmer . .

What you are actually doing is the groundwork for the
sequence of events. STRONGLY suggest Alpha testing.

> * How may people did you have on the project, size of the project, and time
> to complete?

Again . . what are you documenting . . ?

Elaine