Re[2]: Science style manuals

Subject: Re[2]: Science style manuals
From: doug montalbano <doug_montalbano -at- CC -dot- CHIRON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 13:27:26 PST

Someone (sorry) asked:
> <deletia> Can someone recommend a good style
> manual that focuses on science? As part of an academic
medical
> center, our office produces a semiannual research magazine
and a
> monthly newsletter for campus researchers.

I would suggest _CBE Style Manual, A Guide for Authors, Editors, and
Publishers in the Biological Sciences_, prepared by the CBE [Council of
Biology Editors, Inc.] Style Manual Committee, (5th edition).
LC Call No.: QH304.C33
ISBN: 0-914340-04-2
The CBE also publishes _Sci. Writing for Grad.Students: A Manual on the
Teaching of Scientific Writing_ (ISBN: 0-914340-01-8) and _Illustrating
Science: Standards for Publication_ (ISBN: 0-914340-05-0).

Hope this helps.

Doug Montalbano <> Technical Writer <> Chiron Corporation
Doug_Montalbano -at- cc -dot- chiron -dot- com <> (510) 601-2862 (voice/TDD)
36 lines of text embedded in 300 lines of forwarding history:
the archeology of the Internet.