Re: Typos in resumes

Subject: Re: Typos in resumes
From: Rick Lippincott <RJLIPPINCOTT -at- DELPHI -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 1994 07:23:48 -0400

Amber wrote about "AlliedSignal" appearing as a typo on a resume. Hmmm,
that could be a tough one. Suggestions:

1) Did it still have the hyphen when you worked there? If so, you could
still use the hyphen, I suppose. (This isn't the best answer.)

2) Repeat AlliedSignal in the body of the resume. When I'm looking at
something, if I see a strange spelling once, I think "Is that a typo?" If I
see it the same way again, I tend to think "Oh, that must be the way it's
spelled." So, find some excuse to repeat the name of the company in that
text block that describes your accomplishments.