Re: mom

Subject: Re: mom
From: Nora Merhar <merhar -at- ALENA -dot- SWITCH -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 11:03:23 CST

I call my mom "Mom". Sometimes I refer to her as "my Mom"; other times I refer
to her as "my Mother." It really depends on what happens to come out of my
mouth. Works the same way with "Dad" and "Father."

I'm from Ohio and live in Illinois, and I have no children, so it has nothing to
do with regionalisms or habit from being with children. I really had no idea
that anyone even noticed how I referred to my parents, or that I might be
judged by the way I do so.

I have had problems with how to introduce my parents. I finally came up with
"This is my mother, Sharon Merhar."

Nora
merhar -at- alena -dot- switch -dot- rockwell -dot- com