Re: STC Web Site

Subject: Re: STC Web Site
From: Gregk -at- ST0558 -dot- INFONET -dot- TUFTS -dot- EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 15:24:52 GMT

In <JTCHEW-061294100646 -at- afrdcrdn -dot- lbl -dot- gov>, JTCHEW -at- lbl -dot- gov (Ad absurdum per
aspera) writes:
>The STC and its chapters are in the midst of a couple of
>Internet trials that go beyond merely getting HQ onto
>e-mail: one in Boston and another in Northern California.
>I think both will be online fairly soon. The NorCal one,
>at least, will offer a Web interface.

The Boston project is on-line now, but there is no web page support
there yet.

There is a gopher site at gopher.std.com, and there's an effort now
to either start a mailing list for local stc events/discussion or
a usenet group named ne.stc.

The Boston project exists through Software Tool and Die, an internet
access provider in Brookline, MA. They run world.std.com and give STC
members access at a reduced rate. Although I have access at work, I
use the world too so I have a central point from which people can reach
me.

Web page support is coming. World has a beta project up now to support
html. They allow text-based access through lynx, but you can't set up
a home page with it yet (unless you want to get in on the beta tests).

Cheers,

--gk

Greg Kushmerek