Re: On/Off topic

Subject: Re: On/Off topic
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 1995 22:48:05 -0700

IMHO, discussions of the business side of tech writing (insurance,
negotiations with publishers, ways to obtain business--for those working
as independent contractors, etc, are as much a matter of interest at
issues related to teaching or technical aspects of writing.

I, at least, would welcome discussion of issues pertinent to writing from
the authorial point of view also.

> My guess is
> that those people got some good information to help them solve their
> problems as technical communicators--whether or not "technical" is being
> stretched a little bit--and that this list thus served them well. Let me
> say that another way--it would be a shame for such queries or discussions
> to move *off* this list. I think they benefit us all. Maybe the
> listowner has some thoughts on this?

> Mike Keene
> mkeene -at- utkvx -dot- utk -dot- edu

RoMay Sitze A musician must make music, an artist must
rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu paint, a poet must write, if he is to be
ultimately at peace with himself.
-Abraham Maslow-