Re: Functional Resumes

Subject: Re: Functional Resumes
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 1995 11:08:10 -0800

> What's the "current wisdom" on functional resumes? Not very long ago I
> was told to avoid them, because they raised a red flag with hiring people
> who assumed that a functional resume was being used to cover up a lack of
> experience. I just got a resume book this week which seemed to be
> perfectly comfortable with a functional resume under certain
> circumstances, and the inclusion of the topic here in the resume
> discussion raised my curiosity. Have functional resumes been "rehabilitated"?

> i Christie

I've been using a functional resume for about 6 years now.
It's viewed as a bit non-traditional and I occasionally get
double-takes from employment agencies and HR professionals,
but for the most part, those are not the people I'm aiming
to please. ;-)

Sue Gallagher
StarBase Corp, Irvine CA
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com