Re: Estimating Hours/Page

Subject: Re: Estimating Hours/Page
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 1995 14:15:01 -0700

Remember that the 5 hours includes a lot more than just drafting the page.
You have to figure in time to plan, obtain feedback, and many other
aspects of the writing process as well.

On Fri, 3 Feb 1995, Win Day wrote:

> The manual will be around 230 pages including index. JoAnn Hackos, in her
> recent book "Managing Your Documentation Projects", recommends using
> about 5 hours per page. That seems really high to me.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu

You can't solve a problem unless you first admit you have one.
--Harvey Mackay in _Swim with the Sharks_