Re: equipment standard?

Subject: Re: equipment standard?
From: Faith Weber <weber -at- EASI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 09:35:27 -0800

>Susan W. Gallagher says:

>. . . . I don't know about the rest of you... but I open up Adobe, Corel,
>Paintbrush, Word6, and Frame and my machine is on its knees!!!

>Wow, I cannot understand why anyone would want to be running all
>this software at the same time. Does anyone else do this?
>Maybe I'm missing something here.

>Bob Morrisette

I can't understand why, either. This is beyond the limitations
of most PCs. I do understand the temptation to just open one more
program because you know you have to do something in there later,
and you don't want to close it and then open it again in 5 minutes . . .

The thing to remember is most of the products we use are BIG because
they use WYSIWYG graphics. You might be able to open five Notepad-
sized programs at once without a significant effect on speed, but I doubt
that there's a set of five graphics-intensive products that are
Notepad-sized!

Faith Weber
EA Systems Inc.
weber -at- easi -dot- com