Re: Job Ad (19-26k)

Subject: Re: Job Ad (19-26k)
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 16:31:00 PST

I agree. I called on an ad in the SF Bay area this week, just to make sure
it wasn't a misprint. This was a 3 month contract for a senior technical
writier with Interleaf (which I don't have), electronics experience (which
I have), and Dutch language (which I also have). The rate was $22 to $24 an
hour.

==================
At 3:07 PM 3/7/95 -0800, Caryn Rizell wrote:
>I may be wrong, but I think what irks about the ad
>is that they want a MANAGER for that salary level.
>Not that it is an entry level position. At least
>that is what bugs me.

>You won't believe how many ads I have seen for technical
>writer that are looking for lots of experience but
>willing to pay pittance.

>Or someone who is looking for a Technical Writer
>to do clerical work.

>Caryn Rizell
>caryn -at- hpptc95 -dot- rose -dot- hp -dot- com

>> Text item: Text_1
>>
>> >It's an entry level position ($19,000 - $26,000)
>>
>> Reply:
>> > Does the $19,000 - $26,000 include room and board?
>>
>> I assume this was a snide comment. I think $19-26k is a lot of money
>> for an entry level position (I have nothing to do w/the original
>> posting).
>>
>> EMPLOYER SEEKS APPLICANT FOR _ENTRY LEVEL_ POSITION. PAY IS $35k.
>> Yeah, right. Get real!

=======================
Regards,

Marc

Technical Writer/Trainer
TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr.
Oakland, CA 94612-3540
santa -at- tfs -dot- com santacroce -at- aol -dot- com

"An idiot with a computer is a faster, better idiot"
- Rich Julius