Re[2]: Dilbert Cartoon (and traps for reviewers)

Subject: Re[2]: Dilbert Cartoon (and traps for reviewers)
From: Coleen MacKay <cmackay -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 09:07:25 EST

<snip>
> Never, ever, put anything unprofessional into a draft. Not on
> purpose, anyway. No insults, no bad language, no jokes. If
> you put notes and questions in the draft itself, keep your
> language moderate. This goes double for workgroup
> environments, where the person in the next cube might
> helpfully print out a copy for a salesman to take overseas
> with him, while you're at lunch and can't defend yourself.

> -- Robert

________________________________

I have to agree with Robert. I work in a large publishing
company where everything is typeset in a central production
department. One of the typesetters had the habit of
inserting a very bad word into a document when he took a
break, so he could find his place when he returned.

Yes, you guessed it, one day he forgot to delete one of the
very bad words. Luckily the editor proofing his work found
it, but unluckily she took it as a personal attack. Maybe
she was being overly sensitive, but if that document had
gone out to several hundred subscribers, chances are some of
them would have been just as sensitive.

Putting mistakes *into* our work is counterproductive,
wouldn't you say? :)

Coleen MacKay
cmackay -at- bna -dot- com