Re: SME

Subject: Re: SME
From: Loren Castro <lfc -at- SOL -dot- CHINALAKE -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 11:52:45 -0800

These two examples are exact (repeat, exact) copies of information I
got from my, uh, my, um--oh, yes--my SME on one project.

"The IR hardware stimulation is performed in the mid wave ir using
black body operating at 300 degree c through a beam split and mirror
system with an optical effect of 7 to 10 percent with losses largely do
to beam spliter loss of 50 percent per splitter. There are 2 gemin and
mirlat pelicals which would produce 25 percent losses with the
background sene having addation losses of 50 doto the silicaln used to
have the sen plated on."

"Using the seeker control computer spin up the seeker and dettermend if
the seeker has coold down. The alt t key sequance need to be used to
adtain 2500 frame target signal with the seeker looking out to the side
at 5 to 10 degree. The target signal need to be lower than 22 to 26
counts to insure correct operation of the seeker. After completion of
the test successfully cucure the seeker or if failure persecc cover the
seeker and repeat, if failure continue suquire the seeker and the other
portion of the facility and investage the problem off line ( the uses
of the simulation is done for the day)."

Anticipating questions: Yes, he was born in this country. Yes,
English is his first language. Yes, he has a college degree in
engineering.

lfc (Don't worry, I have more.)