Help with program code layout wanted.

Subject: Help with program code layout wanted.
From: John McDermott <jjm -at- JKINTL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 1995 14:36:30 PST

Hi all,
A company for whom I write has asked me an interesting question. They want
to know if there are any documents (preferably short) to help them with
rules for the layout of program code (mostly C, C++).

The issue is that they often produce documents of, say, 50 columns. The
authors of the material have programs which are longer than 50 characters
and the people formatting the text don't know where it is legal to break
lines and how to indent (if one should indent).

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks,
--john
Name: John McDermott
E-mail: jjm -at- jkintl -dot- com (John McDermott)
Voice: +1 505/377-6293 FAX: +1 505/377-6313