Re: Font readability?

Subject: Re: Font readability?
From: Linda Anderson <lindaa -at- PC-SERV1 -dot- EMTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 12:59:51 -0700

Karen,
I agree that sans serif is very clean looking. However, a few years ago we
switched from Helvetica to Times New Roman because (and for the life
of me I can't remember where this material came from) several of us in the
department read about different studies that showed that serif fonts are
actually easier on the reader's eye because the serif leads the reader's
eye along the line.

In fact, if I remember correctly, I think we also changed from justified
paragraphs about the same time. I know all the responses we got from users
of our product were very favorable concerning the change in the layout.

Linda

In hearing, there is wisdom. In speaking, repentance.
Confucius

EMTEK Health Care Systems
Tempe, Arizona
USA