Re: Tech writer does newsletter

Subject: Re: Tech writer does newsletter
From: "Hiatt, Michel" <MHIATT -dot- INT-MAIL -at- SMTP -dot- INTECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 11:41:00 CDT

Arthur Comings wrote:

>Is anyone like me: A tech writer with a love for layout and some
>journalism experience to boot? One who really likes publishing *news*,
>not just the facts on some new software revision?

>I've published some newsletters, and with the possibility of losing my
>full-time job looming on the horizon, I'm wondering how hard it would
>be to start a sideline publishing newsletters for stores and other
>entities.

>Any ideas? I'd even be interested in pointers to books or a newsletter
>publishers' list, but I wanted to check with my tech writing cronies
f>irst.

Try looking through some back issues of Home Office Computing for
articles about newsletter publishing. Also check the ads in those issues
for companies who will help you start a newsletter or home business. As
a former journalist (10 years) I too miss the layout and design end of
things when working in tech pubs. There are some newsletter
organizations, I think, which will be listed in the articles.

Mike Hiatt, Senior Technical Writer
mhiatt -at- intecom -dot- com
"All opinions are those of the writer
and are not those of the management."