Re: Possessives with TM symbols

Subject: Re: Possessives with TM symbols
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 12:21:54 -0700

> I need to find a source (or at least a well-reasoned opinion) on where to
> place the 's in relation to the TM on a trademarked name. (Sorry, I don't
> seem to be able to superscript in this editor.) Is it TM's or 'sTM? Any
> ideas?

> If you respond to the list, please also copy me at bjrwriter -at- aol -dot- com -dot-
> Thanks!

> -- Jean Richardson

Jean!!!

The answer is *nowhere*!!!!! Your trademark is a very
special thing and to safeguard it, you should *never*
use the possessive form. This from the US Gov't booklet
on the care of trademarks. Reword your text so that you
don't use the possessive form of the trademark.

Sue Gallagher
StarBase Corp, Irvine CA
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com