Capitalization Summary

Subject: Capitalization Summary
From: Kelly Burhenne <burhennk -at- SMTPGW -dot- LIEBERT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 14:56:52 EST

Text item: Text_1

Hello!

About a week ago I asked a capitalization question. Following is a
summary. I received a total of 11 responses.

-Nine people use the following capitalization:

Figure 5-1
Appendix B
Section 13
Chapter 14
Volume IV
**********
page 17

-Two people do not capitalize any of the above.

No one thinks page should ever be capitalized.

The only "rules" found on this subject all said figure, chapter, etc.
should not be capitalized unless followed by a specific name (e.g.,
see Chapter 5, Utilities). However, most people felt it was too
confusing to the readers and seemed inconsistent.

Thanks very much to all who responded. I will continue using
capitalization as listed above.

Thanks!
Kelly Burhenne
burhennk -at- liebert -dot- com