What do you use and On-line conferences

Subject: What do you use and On-line conferences
From: Gretchen Toth <glt -at- ICONOVEX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 11:38:15 -0500

Hello Techwhirlers!

1. First- I am interested to know what type of on-line
help software is used by writers on this list and
why. (Or is there some kind of survey that I can
refer to?) Basically what I am looking for is
justification for what I am already using, for what
I should be using, or for what I should never, ever
use. :-)

2. I am also interested in improving the on-line help we
develop by attending conferences/seminars I've seen in
various STC publications and brochures I've received
in the mail.

How can I determine that a conference is worth
attending? Do you have any recommendations as to
presenters/speakers and organizations that I
should pursue or steer away from?

Thank you!

Gretchen L. Toth
Technical Writer
The Iconovex Corporation
gretchen -dot- toth -at- iconovex -dot- com