Bottom Line on 50-Ohm...

Subject: Bottom Line on 50-Ohm...
From: Dan Voss <Daniel_W_Voss -at- CCMAIL -dot- ORL -dot- MMC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 08:41:00 -0400

Interesting discussion... but it's really not negotiable. Any basic
freshman composition text (e.g., the venerable Harbrace) would unequivocably
peg the 50-ohm construction as a 14-carat unit modifier, which DEMANDS--not
suggests-- a unit modifier. Period. End of discussion. For years I have
struggled to defend this concept, and others, from the marauding hordes of
linguistic barbarians from Engineering... but I would hardly expect to find
such controversy within TECHWR-L. That's kind of like Texans shooting Texans
INSIDE the Alamo. The enemy's out there. Tech writers of the world, unite...
we have nothing to lose but our hyphens!

--Conan the Grammarian