Writers of user manuals: going the way of the dodo?

Subject: Writers of user manuals: going the way of the dodo?
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 15:59:01 LCL

Hello Rick,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von rjl -at- bostech -dot- com an All am 29.07.95

rr> >Where does the writer of computer instruction fit into this
rr> >future of receding words?

rr> Perhpaps the same place as the writer of aerospace military
rr> manuals fit, about three years ago?

no way: The military got reduced due to the end of the Cold War. But there are
more and more products that are quite complex. They must be explained somehow.
That's our job, but it need not be done through lots of paper...

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander