electronic mentoring list

Subject: electronic mentoring list
From: Leslie Gasser EXP 8/26/95 <Leslie -dot- Gasser -at- CLE -dot- AB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 16:07:02 -0400

Hi everyone,

My name is Leslie Gasser, and I am the STC student chapter president at Bowling
Green State University. We have a couple of new projects planned for the
upcoming school year, and one of them includes a mentoring mailing list. The
welcome message explains it's purpose pretty well:

Welcome to the bgsu-stc mailing list! The BGSU STC student chapter
has an electronic mailing list so professionals in the field of
technical communication and student and faculty chapter members have
opportunities to set up mentoring relationships. This list is based
on the idea that working technical writers and editors in business
and industry, students and teachers can form electronic partnerships
that allow the exchange of information and support. The chapter hopes
that by providing this platform, some of the possible benefits might
be that students can learn how to prepare themselves for the work
force, faculty can see new areas to address in the classroom, and
working writers and editors can help mold better candidates for the
job market. This list is maintained to benefit Bowling Green State
University's STC student chapter members and their associates and
mentors in business and industry.

If you would like to participate on this list, you can send a message to

listproc -at- listproc -dot- bgsu -dot- edu

with

subscribe bgsu-stc Your Name

in the body of the message. To send a message to the list, use the following
address:

bgsu-stc -at- listproc -dot- bgsu -dot- edu

The list is geared toward BGSU students, but I think it is the type of list that
could really help tech comm students, faculty, and professionals everywhere.

If you have any questions, you can contact me at

lgasser -at- bgnet -dot- bgsu -dot- edu

Thanx for your time,

Leslie Gasser