HELP: Indexing user manuals

Subject: HELP: Indexing user manuals
From: Peggy Thomson <Peggy_Thompson -at- CCMAIL -dot- OSTI -dot- GOV>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 10:41:00 -0400

Hi--I'm not an expert indexer and have traditionally contracted
out indexing tasks on the user manuals I write. Soon I will have
to start doing my own indexing. Do any of you have tried and
true layman's indexing techniques, particularly as they apply to
user manuals? Can you suggest any refererences--articles or
books? You may reply directly to me:
peggy -dot- thompson -at- ccmail -dot- osti -dot- gov

Many, many thanks!