Re: One publication or two?

Subject: Re: One publication or two?
From: Geoff Bradbury <bradg -at- INTEXT -dot- CPSG -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 1995 10:33:45 +1000

*** IF you've already rxd this message my apologies: my harddisk recently
collapsed leaving me in a slight mess. We're better now. ***

Greetings techwhirlers...

Many thanx to those of you that responded so quickly to my request for
feedback on splitting a publication into multiple pubs. Your collective wise
words seems to have done the trick! Our marketing man-on-the-spot, having
read engineering's arguments (which included some quotes from your
manageable pubs.

Chalk one up for the techwhirlers!

I've another question that follows on from publication splitting, and might
sound a little weird on first read. Can anyone point me to a reference that
discusses the issues of the physical size of publications? Most references
I've searched describe, at great length, the pros and cons of layout, reader
navigation aids, etc. But what about the 'optimum' number of pages in a
publication? Is there any research available that examines this question?

...thanx in advance
This sig under development