Re: One publication or two?

Subject: Re: One publication or two?
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 10:11:28 -0600

On Thu, 7 Sep 1995, Geoff Bradbury wrote:

> I've another question that follows on from publication splitting, and might
> sound a little weird on first read. Can anyone point me to a reference that
> discusses the issues of the physical size of publications? Most references
> I've searched describe, at great length, the pros and cons of layout, reader
> navigation aids, etc. But what about the 'optimum' number of pages in a
> publication? Is there any research available that examines this question?

I am also interested in this question. At first glance, I would simply
say that the optimum number of pages would be the number that would cover
the topic adequately--and still leave the completed pub. a manageable
size. (Can you still lift it with one hand? :)) I don't know of any
specific research on the subject, so I'll be looking forward to replies.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu