Re: Table of Figures / Index

Subject: Re: Table of Figures / Index
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 07:05:45 MST

Richard G Harris <rgh -at- WORLD -dot- STD -dot- COM> wrote-->
> About a year ago Lori Lathrop, who seems to do a lot of indexing (Lori,
> if my memory is inaccurate, my apologies), said that she indexes Table of
> Figure entries. I do something slightly different.

> Instead of a separate List of Figures, I index all of the figures. My
> thought was to give the user one place tp go when navigating through my
> manual.
==============
Dick, from my (possibly faulty) interpretation of what you just
said, I think you and Lori are doing the same thing. I think
when she "indexs Table of Figure entries," that means she
includes those entries in her master index--I don't interpret
that as having a *separate* index for figures.

OTOH, a separate List of Figures is often used following the
Table of Contents. This would be in addition to, not instead of,
including figure references in the index.

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= Huachuca : That's pronounced "wah-CHEW-ka" =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=