Writing vs. Marketing?

Subject: Writing vs. Marketing?
From: "Amy E. Wineburgh" <aewinebu -at- MAILBOX -dot- SYR -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 11:25:53 -0400

Hi. I am a fairly new member to the tech writing list server. I am a
student as Syracuse University. Here is my question, it's a big one!

At what point does writing become marketing? How does one define this?
I am currently beginning my job search and I am becoming quite confused
in teh whole matter. I am a psychology major, with a minor in marketing,
and with a great interest in writing. I plan to enter the world of
marketing hopefully this May, but in what respect I am unsure. Anyone
with an opinion about where the boundaries of marketing end (and if they
do) and writing begins, would be of great help to me. In addition to my
job search, I am working on a technical writing project for a class and
this information may greatly enhance my work and the focus I take to it.

Thanks in advance for all your assistance-tech writers/marketers????

Amy