Job Available, Arlington VA

Subject: Job Available, Arlington VA
From: John Bell <jbell -at- LCCINC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 16:44:17 -0400

Technical Writers needed!
Arlington, VA

LCC has two positions open on the Software Publications team for
technical writers.

Position #1: Technical Writer
Create end-user oriented documentation, specifically online
help and printed manuals.

Position #2: Technical Writer/Marketing Writer
Create end-user oriented documentation (same as in Position #1),
but also create marketing materials like brochures, Technical
Descriptions, Output Samples, and proposals.

Requirements:
For both positions you need two years of paid experience
in documenting commercial software products.

Preferred Abilities/Experience:
FrameMaker
Online Help Development
UNIX
Windows NT
Cellular (wireless) communications engineering

About LCC
LCC has been providing services and products to the wireless communications
industry for over ten years. We are the largest cellular engineering company
in the world. The open positions are in the Software Department, one of four
major departments within LCC. The Software Department creates and supports
products that cellular providers (such as Cellular One, Bell Atlantic Mobile
Systems, etc.) use to simulate and optimize their cellular networks.

LCC offers a competitive benefits plan including insurance (medical, dental,
and vision), 401K plan, tuition reimbursement, access to a local credit union,
and annual salary bonus.

How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to any of the addresses below.
For
the technical writing sample I prefer eight to ten contiguous pages drawn from
the "meat" of
the manual. Please do not send front matter or instructions about how to log
onto
your product. (Not that the information isn't useful, but most of the samples I
see
are front matter/logging in and I'd like a change of pace!) Bonus points for
online
help submissions! (I can accept Mac, Windows, and UNIX disks.) For the marketing
sample
I'd like to see a brochure and five to six pages from a Technical Description.

By Mail:
LCC L.L.C.
2300 Clarendon Blvd, Suite 800
Arlington, VA 22201