Re: What software do you use for email?

Subject: Re: What software do you use for email?
From: Jane Bergen <janeb -at- IADFW -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 21:18:34 +0000

> With the recent thread of telecommuting and email and so on, I
> wonder what products techwhirlers use to send/receive/organize
> email? I just installed Eudora Light on my Windows-based PC. I like it
> better than my old TTY-type connection, but I don't like the user
> interface very much. My Internet service provider mentioned a
> freeware product called Pegasus, but I've had such bad luck with
> non-commercial products (no support, bad documentation, and
> seeminly created for hackers with lots of time on their hands) that
> I'm hesitant even to try it out.

Pegasus is much more powerful than Eudora and is much prettier to
look at. Better than that, it's FREEWARE, not shareware. As for
support, it has it's own mailing list and the author, David Harris,
often answers questions on this mailing list. Can't get much better
than that.

I have an STC folder, a techwrit-l folder, etc. and you can set
Pegasus to automatically filter the mail for you. It's absolutely
wonderful. I fear we may be bordering on something NON-tech writing
related and may earn the wrath of the listmaster, but if any of you
tech writers want more information, I'll be glad to answer private
replies. I have NO stake in this product, other than the fact that I
use it at home and at work and I'm very satisfied with it.

Jane Bergen
Technical Writer
janeb -at- iadfw -dot- net or janeb -at- answersoft -dot- com