Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 23 Sep 1995 to 24 Sep 1995

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 23 Sep 1995 to 24 Sep 1995
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 11:50:14 -0400

Matt Ion wrote:

>Tell me, what kind of ON-TOPIC post
>could you possibly need to make to
>this list that would require you hide your identity?

That's easy.

We often discuss horror stories and advice on dealing with managers or
clients from hell. It's possible that said manager (or client, if the
client is a TW firm that is subcontracting overflow work) is a subscriber
as well. In large companies, it is possible that coworkers are also on the
list. I can understand why someone might want to be discreet in entering
such a thread.

I don't mind an occasional post of that nature. They are very, very rare,
and they seem to serve a useful purpose.

I -do- object to anonymous trolling for thesis or research paper
information.

I -do- object to anonymous market research (salaries or other
competitive information).

I -do- object to anonymous off-topic clutter.

Grrrrr.

@Kat_____ Kat Nagel
MasterWork Consulting Services Rochester, NY
LIFE1 (techwriting/docdesign) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
LIFE2 (vocal chamber music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com