Graphics Repro Problems

Subject: Graphics Repro Problems
From: Steve Evanina <Steve -dot- Evanina -at- SCIATL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 10:15:00 -0500

I am having repro problems with screen captures. Perhaps someone can
help me. The graphics print fine out of our HP 4SI. They have a dark
background. When they are copied the image "muddies" to the point that
some areas are unreadable.

The screens were captured as color BMPs with Collage in an OS/2
environment. I need to import the BMPs into a drawing program (Corel
Draw or Visio) for annotation. I am restricted (by management) to
using the Clipboard to paste the finished graphic into AmiPro.

I can use a flood fill to quickly remove the dark background but
enclosed areas (the inside of the letter O for example) retains the
dark background. I can use a color replacer tool to modify this, but,
because I have in excess of 100 graphics this would require a lot of
time to fix each graphic. The next time I will change the desktop
colors to avert this problem. In the interim, do any of you know how
to batch convert these graphics by possibly altering the color pallet
of the images?

steve -dot- evanina -at- SciAtl -dot- com