Mouse or Trackball for Lefties?

Subject: Mouse or Trackball for Lefties?
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- BASILISK-154 -dot- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 10:58:49 -0700

Patrick O'Connell writes:

>I have never seen a trackball advertised that wasn't symmetrical (I've
>never used one, personally) and I would think that typical driver software
>for a trackball would allow you to make either the left or right button
>the primary "mouse" button, and the other the secondary button.

>Also, a lot of mice are symmetrical. I'm not a particularly big fan of
>Logitech's products, but I believe they make two or three of their mouses
>(mice? meece?) in both right- and left-handed flavors.

Some GUI environments (like Sun's OpenWindows and UNIX CDE) enable you
to reassign the mouse button functions.

-- Janice

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with this
janiceg -at- marvin -dot- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | message is the return address.

"Usenet is like Tetris for people who still remember how to read"