Re: QUARK Products

Subject: Re: QUARK Products
From: Grant Hogarth <GRANT -at- ONYXGFX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 09:49:47 +8

Quark is mostly used in the mktg. and advert. world, where it is an
industry standard. Its strengths are short docs with complex
graphics and/or layouts. It also has a lot of extensions created by
3rd parties that enhance its basic capabilities significantly.
Some people do manuals in Xpress, but it is unusual.
Help cards and supplemental docs are more common.

QuarkXpress is available on Mac and Windows only.

I don't know about HTML/Mosaic connexions from Xpress.

Hope this helps.
From what I've heard, Quark is a very liberal, multi-cultural work
environment (despite being in CO.)

Grant

> Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 23:05:24 -0400
> From: Mary Daly Solman <Dalysolman -at- AOL -dot- COM>
> Subject: QUARK Products

> I would like some insight on QUARK products -- I'm 'boning-up' for
> an interview with Quark here in Denver.
Grant Hogarth, Information Services
Onyx Graphics Corp. Midvale, UT
www.onyxgfx.com ftp.onyxgfx.com