SyQuest or ZIP Drive?

Subject: SyQuest or ZIP Drive?
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 12:38:00 +0100

Hello John,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von John Brush an All am 02.11.95

JB> From: John Brush <brush -at- engrng -dot- pitt -dot- edu>

JB> I work in my company's publishing department, and I'm looking
JB> for a
JB> way to deliver large amounts of data to our printing vendors.

true, you can't do that with floppy disks anymore.

JB> It has
JB> been suggested that I buy a SyQuest drive, but what about these
JB> new ZIP drives?

First, check with your printing vendors and see what they have.

Second, check your data volume. If possible, get a complete job on a single
medium. Perhaps you can use some compressing utility like PKZIP or Stuffit.
But the receiver of your data must be able to decompress them.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander