Re: "Death of Apostrophe/sick hyphen

Subject: Re: "Death of Apostrophe/sick hyphen
From: "Colleen Dancer (02) 333-1862" <DANCER -dot- COLLEEN -at- A2 -dot- ABC -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 1995 11:09:00 +1100

I definitely haven't given up on books. I may be in my early to mid 20s
but I have just bought another 6 ft bookcase to fit them all. However I
do believe some sorts of information is now inferior in books, for
example encyclopedias. I think this sort of reference material is far
better online and perhaps needs to be buried as print material (at least
in most cases) I would love all of my cookery books to be online so I
don't have to try and remember which has the xxx recipe.

I believe books had better change their marketing strategy, eg they are
great for commuting, the beach, on holidays etc. However for
entertainment at home, games, the web and computer infotainment give
books a run for the money. That said, I will still buy all of the
Pratchetts and McCaffreys that come out :)

One other comment has anyone considered that one reason that libraries
aren't popular with the young is that they don't stock even a resonable
selection of the latest books. Their budgets mean that only a few books
get bought a year.

Colleen Dancer
dancer -dot- colleen -at- a2 -dot- abc -dot- com

The opinions expressed are mine and not the ABCs.