Removing words from spell checkers

Subject: Removing words from spell checkers
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 11:35:00 +0100

Hello,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Kat Nagel/MasterWork an All am 18.11.95

KN> From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net>

KN> Stacey asked:
KN> >What words do y'all regularly delete from your spell-checkers?
KN> And why?

KN> Actually, some deletions are extremely helpful.

KN> Many times my attack of fumblethumb will produce a perfectly
KN> good English word.

I do even more weird things with my Winword 6 spelling checker, e.g. check
terminology.

During the first runs I build a list of words I think are correct. You will
not believe what rubbish gathers there when you sort this list and look
through it! Variant hyphenation (remember I write in German), words excluded
from the terminology list, synonyms and lots more.

During final editing, I use the spelling checker to remove such problems.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander