Re: web pages

Subject: Re: web pages
From: Wolf Lahti <wduby -at- TECHCENTER -dot- PACCAR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 07:46:38 -0800

>Sarah Lee says:

>I am also interested web-sites as I am currently researching
>this area - with the aim of writing them for my company.

>Could anyone provide examples of ones they consider good or
>interesting?

David Siegel's pages (http://www2.best.com/~dsiegel/tips/tips_home.html) are
very pretty, but he makes them so by ignoring standards and using extensions
in such a way that many of his design elements are wasted on and unviewable
by anyone without the latest version of Netscape. He makes no apologies for
this, coming across with an in-your-face attitude. Siegel's background is
graphical page deisgn, and his emphasis is, predictably, on design rather
than content, which is not what the Web is about--not at this stage, at any
rate.

One of the best organized and designed web sites I've seen is Kodak's. It
has a good, easy-to-follow arrangement, quick-loading reasonably sized
graphics, and concise text.

Unfortunately, I don't have Kodak's URL. I thought it was www.kodak.com, but
I haven't been able to get through today. Maybe the problem is on this
end--maybe I just have the URL wrong. (A search will undoubtedly get you the
right URL.)

"I hate quotations."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson