Re: Resume Scanning

Subject: Re: Resume Scanning
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 09:00:30 MST

Regarding including a keyword summary in resumes, George Allaman wrote:
>I know this must be good advice, but something puzzles me. If you can
>think of a keyword that should be listed, why wouldn't it already be in
>the body of the resume somewhere? Can you give me an example? I have a
>feeling this is a stupid question - please humor me.
===============

In addition to the reasons others have already provided, another
one is that including a separate keyword section gives *you* the
opportunity to select which keywords to use, rather than having
some stranger, who just happens to be keying in the information
that day, select keywords for you from the text of your resume.

It comes down to control: the more you have over a situation,
the better you feel. 8-)

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= Huachuca : That's pronounced "wah-CHEW-ka" =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=