Re[2]: Certification (long)

Subject: Re[2]: Certification (long)
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 13:29:00 -0600

Will certification change anything for us already in the field?
Probably not.

I agree.

Will it change things in the future? Yes, and probably make things
better.

In your dreams. It'll make the field less attractive to get into, and by
hindering the entry into the field from other areas, reduce the number of
practioners. This reduction will not have any correlation to ability (meaning
it will equally reduce both able and unable practioners of the craft).

Do I have any hard evidence for this? Not at the moment.

Glad to see someone finally admit this. ;{>} There isn't hard evidence in
either direction, and won't be any until after it happens, at which point
it'll be too late to back out of it gracefully. I know if it happens I'll be
out of the field. (No big loss, judging from the cheers I'm hearing. :{>} )

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124