Re: Converting Windows Help Files to OS/2

Subject: Re: Converting Windows Help Files to OS/2
From: Julie MacAller <jmacalle -at- EMAIL -dot- MICROCADAM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 16:15:54 PST

On Thu, 4 Jan 1996, Brett Peruzzi <Brett -dot- Peruzzi -at- FDC-INVEST -dot- COM>
asked:

>What are people out there using to convert Windows Help files to
>OS/2?

I had the opportunity to run a few tests of the SMART WinHelp to OS/2
Warp Help converter (beta version), and was pleasantly surprised by
the results. The resulting IPF files, while not ideal, were good
enough. They compiled without major errors, and, although they didn't
*look* wonderful, I thought we could make small adjustments to our RTF
files to improve them.

Before I had the chance to test that hypothesis, or to try to break
the converter, we discovered that we wouldn't be supporting OS/2 in
the next release after all (yay!), and I turned my attention back to
Real Work.

The SMART WinHelp to OS/2 Warp Help converter is part of a whole
package of conversion utilities (SMART) produced by One Up
Corporation. You can visit their web site at http://www.1up.com.

Hope this helps.

Julie MacAller | MICROCADAM, Inc.
Sr. Help Developer | 355 S. Grand Avenue, Suite 2300
213-613-2307 | Los Angeles, CA 90071
jmacaller -at- microcadam -dot- com |