Re: PostScript.

Subject: Re: PostScript.
From: Stuart Reynolds <reynolds -at- IC -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 12:10:55 -0500

quality
>houses design fonts for it than PS. TT fonts from high-quality =
foundries
>look better than PS ones, at least to me.

The big deal with TT vs. Adobe Type I/II is apparent, when scaling the =
fonts. The Adobe type fonts, when scaled, have smoother line and =
edging. More noticeable, when increasing font sizes to exhibition =
graphics (3' x 2' and bigger posters). If I had my typography "bible" =
with me, I could quote you the actual differences and why one is better =
than the other, and in which circumstances. When doing my graphics, =
whether it be for a guide cover or a poster, I always try to use Adobe =
type fonts.
And yes, when it comes to fonts, the general rule is, if they cost more, =
they are much better. Usually because, as Arlen notes, the more =
expensive ones, come from higher end "foundries". =20

Stui
---------
reynolds -at- ic -dot- net
First Impression Graphics
web page design & implementation
tech writing, creative concepts, graphic design,=20
DTP, exhibition graphics,packaging solutions