Re. writing and liability?

Subject: Re. writing and liability?
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 1996 16:14:15 -0600

David Jones expressed skepticism that anyone had ever been
sued or found otherwise liable for problems that resulted
from their writing. My first thought was, yes, I can't
recall having heard of this happening either. On the other
hand, I've seen countless recommendations that freelancers
should have at least basic "errors and omissions"
insurance.

So what's the real story? Has anyone out there in
getting nailed as a result of problematic writing?

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of our
reports, it don't represent FERIC's opinion.